Link Building Germany Increasingly Popular With English Entrepreneurs
At linkaufbau we notice that there is an increasing interest in German link building. More and more English people are venturing their business across their national borders. This is not surprising since we are fairly progressive in the field of internet applications and England is a medium sized market. By focusing on a particular niche abroad in a country with a larger market, you have a better chance of a larger turnover, provided you stay ahead of the competition. Germany then turns out to be a popular choice. Not only is Germany around the corner, the commercial spirit and attitude to work also appeal to many English. In addition, Germany is an important import and export country for England and the market with 81 million inhabitants is much larger than the market in England. The economic climate is also favorable and the economy is usually growing faster than the English market. It is interesting to take into account that people in Austria and parts of Switzerland also speak German and that expansion to these countries may be obvious in a successful adventure in Germany.
What you should pay attention to when you start doing business in Germany
Despite the healthy rivalry between the England and Germany, English corporate culture is not that different from each other. Some points to keep in mind are:
- Germans are generally more formal and address each other with you (Sie), Mr. (Herr) and Mrs. (Frau).
- Private and business are more strictly separated
Germans pay more attention than the English to quality characteristics such as e.g. a quality mark or verifiable reviews on your site.
- A meeting is thoroughly prepared and Germans will have their plan ready in advance. Make sure you come prepared for your appointment.
- Language errors on your site are less tolerated in Germany.
- Personal contact is important. Cold acquisition is very difficult. You can find potential clients by visiting German fairs.
Interesting markets are:
- Elderly niche; Germany is aging fast and if you can focus your business on this growing niche, you will reap the benefits.
- Online business is a strong growth market in Germany. Especially web shops focused on fashion and electronics are on the rise.